Friday, September 21, 2012

Creative Logos

   One of my absolute favorite things in design is the creative interplay between positive and negative space in logo design. I have chosen five logos that creatively use positive and negative space well, some a little more subtly than others but all of them amazing nonetheless. I hope you enjoy these logos as much as I do. The logos are listed from least subtle to how did I miss that?!

5)

In this design for Illusion Studios the designer (Anthony Lane) used white in the negative space of the "S" to link both the foreground and background into one cohesive unit. 





4)

This logo for Z Films uses two strips of movie film to frame out a "z" in the negative space.


3)

The logo for Wine Searcher cleverly uses two forms to create what the company is all about. The glasses are easily recognizable but the green lines are also the contour lines of two wine bottles hidden in negative space.

2)

This one is so cool to me! The woman in the yoga pose in positive space frames the shape of Australia in negative space using the arm that is grabbing her lifted leg. 

1)

Ok, so I chose the Fedex logo as my favorite because I may be the only person who didn't notice the use of negative space after years of seeing the logo, but I'm sure some others have missed it too. Have you ever noticed the arrow that is formed by the "E" and the "X"? If you never have before it will probably be the first thing that you see from now on when you see the logo...at least it is for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment