Monday, October 22, 2012

Complex Vector Illustration

Original photo:




My Illustration:



  I chose the word "delicate" as inspiration for this illustration, and when I think delicate I think of flowers. A quick google image search of flowers came up with a ton of choices but I really like the overall composition, and limited color palette of this particular image. Because I chose such a simplistic image I decide to make it as detailed as I could within the allotted time (if I had more time and a higer resolution reference image I could have made it look exact), so I chose to use the gradient mesh tool for the entire image. It took the better part of a day (I want to say about 9 hours) to get it to this point. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it came out but like I said with more time I would have made it a bit more realistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment